The average American watches 4+ hours of TV each day – and 90% have digital devices in-hand or nearby while viewing. Reach and frequency make TV a powerful tool for advertisers, but the rise of second-screen usage has only increased its efficacy.
Whether we’re aware of it or not, all of us digitally interact with TV. We turn to search, websites and apps to learn more about the things we see/hear on TV ads. This is what we mean by TV’s digital “kicker effect.”
At TVSquared, we see TV drive – literally every minute of the day – as much as 10x the baseline traffic through digital channels for our customers. And while we can talk “kicker effect” all day, don’t just take our word for it. There are many objective studies that prove it too, which is why we recently published an ebook on the very topic.
The ebook takes a look at the impact of TV ads on various digital response channels, and shares the most recent third-party research. Here’s a sneak peek:
- Website Traffic: Studies have shown consumers visit an advertiser’s site within minutes, even seconds, after a TV spot airs.
- Search: TV ads significantly influence search spikes and, in some cases, drive up branded search by 80%.
- App Activity: Apps account for more than half of all digital time spent, and TV ads have been found to increase app installs between 56-74%.
- Social: It’s no surprise that TV drives social, but even we were surprised by just how much. One 2016 study found that 20% of social media brand engagements were driven by TV ads.
- Emerging Channels: Evidence is building around TV’s influence on text and voice response – two emerging marketing channels that advertisers need to consider.
Download the free ebook, “TV’s Kicker Effect: Drive Digital Response Via TV Advertising,” to learn more.
In part two of our Kicker Effect blog series, we’ll discuss what this all means for advertisers, and share tips for optimizing TV campaigns for digital response.