Today, we’re talking about Level 2: Developed. Brands in this category have taken the first steps toward TV analytics maturity by moving beyond traditional TV measurement. Not only do they bring a level of timeliness to the process, but they also apply insights to improve future campaigns. Level 2 advertisers typically:
Leverage real-time performance insights
- By analyzing real-time spot and response data, brands tie TV ads to immediate actions. Such as online sales, subscriptions and site visits.
Know the top-performing buy elements
- While Level 1 advertisers know that TV works, Level 2 advertisers know the exact elements of TV buys that perform best. They can identify the days, times, programs, networks, genres and creatives that drive the strongest response.
Optimize future campaigns
- Apply insights to improve the performance of future campaigns. Refining buys to include the elements that work best (and eliminate those that don’t).
If you’ve found yourself at Level 2, here are some tips to get to the next level:
- Employ predictive technology to improve TV buys. By analyzing historical data, you can identify the buys that will drive maximum response. This essentially takes the “guesswork” out of TV buying.
- It’s time to ditch the “fire-and-forget” mentality for TV creatives. Now, there are dynamic optimization opportunities! With the same technology you use to measure TV media, you can also measure TV messaging.
See you next week, when we’ll talk about “Level 3: Defined.”