Happy New Year, friends! As promised, we’re getting straight back to our deep-dive series on TVSquared’s TV Analytics Maturity Model. Today, we’re going to look at Level 4 advertisers. But before we do, if you haven’t taken the three-minute questionnaire to find your position on the model yet, what on earth are you waiting for?!
Brands that fall within the Level 4/Managed category use TV in very innovative ways, including targeting, syncing it with digital and understanding its total business impact.
Level 4 Attributes
- Use refined targeting: Level 4 advertisers leverage behavioral and demographic data to understand the “who” behind TV performance. With audience analytics that go well beyond age and gender, these brands identify the segments that respond and convert from TV, and then optimize spend for those targets.
- Incorporate deterministic: The most sophisticated evaluation approaches use both probabilistic and deterministic attribution to understand how TV impacts 100% of a business. Level 4 brands incorporate respondent- and impression-level data for a deeper layer of information about target audiences and response patterns.
- Sync TV with digital: While Level 4 advertisers use a plethora of complementary media strategies, the most common is syncing TV spots with paid search initiatives – securing the top ranking in the minutes after an ad airs. This maximizes the impact of a spot, and ensures that TV-driven traffic is captured in the digital funnel.
- Quantify total impact: A campaign’s long-term impact (weeks/months after it airs) can be up to 5x higher than the initial effect. Level 4 advertisers have a complete view of TV’s total value, which helps them measure the impact of media-strategy changes, identify creative fatigue and justify future investments.
Tips to Get to the Next Level
- Experiment with AI: Look into machine-learning recommendation engines as a first step into the world of AI. They are showing promise for finding for the best possible marketing outcomes.
- Create more efficient workflows: Whether it’s through the use of machine-learning technologies or integrations with solution providers, find ways to automate workflows that are time-intensive and prone to human error.
- Think of TV beyond linear: Start thinking about TV beyond linear. TV is increasingly defined as any form of video played on a screen – including advanced TV components like programmatic, OTT and VOD. This shift will eventually reshape your entire media strategy.
To find your place on the model, and to download our free ebook, “Your Guide to TV Analytics Maturity,” click here. See you next week, when we talk about the TV analytics trailblazers – Level 5 advertisers.